There is nothing like running out of a beloved condiment in the midst of making a masterpiece sandwich, when it’s blaring cold outside and you have lost all motivation to drive anywhere for any reason. Arrrgh! What on earth is one to do? The way I see it … you have one of 3 options. Option A) get over it and go to the store; B) do without; C) make your own damned mustard.
We’re going to explore option C. Now, I realize that this may simply be silly to some of you. But, you don’t understand the depths of creation behind this sandwich. I need my mustard and I need it NOW. Here goes!
What you’ll need:
- 4 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 4 tbsp ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
What you’ll do:
- Using a mortar & pestle, grind the mustard seeds.
- Add ground mustard, vinegar, and salt
- Add water last
- Refrigerate and you’re all set to use (sandwich is saved)
*Special thanks to my sissy for the gift “One Good Dish” by David Tanis … the recipe was great, though I altered the recipe a smidge.