Listen, I know what you’re thinking. Everything is better with bacon. So how on earth could one possibly perfect the already perfected?
You see, I think bacon is like a really wonderful makeup palette (gents, stay with me). A natural beauty with just the right combination of makeup can make you weak in the knees, by merely glancing in your general direction (you know it’s true).
So next time you want your Bloody Mary to truly shine or you’re thinking of a good ole’ fashioned BLT, do yourself a favor and dress it up a bit.
*Though the bacon was delicious and did receive a photo shoot, I found it to be best to simply show ingredients (you try shooting bacon – it’s hard)!
What you’ll need:
- 12 pieces of thick sliced bacon
- 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp of course ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne pepper
What you’ll do:
- Preheat to 350 degrees
- Layer cookie sheet with bacon (ungreased and in a single layer)
- Meanwhile combine the brown sugar, cayenne and pepper
- Cook for 12 minutes, then flip the bacon
- Coat with the mixture on the uncooked side and return to the oven
- Cook another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest for a few minutes (if you don’t, you’ll burn your lips like I did).