What you’ll need:
- 5 pounds washed, stemmed, and chopped collard greens
- 12 ounces of amber ale (I used Fat Tire) – 12 for the greens and 12 for the cook!
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbps. crushed red pepper
- 6 tbps. quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, cloves smashed
- 2 tsps. balsamic vinegar
- about 2 tsp. salt
What you’ll do:
- Heat oil to medium in a small stock pot.
- Add garlic and red pepper until fragrant.
- Pour in vinegar, beer, stock and salt. Increase heat to medium high & bring to a rolling boil.
- Add greens in batches until all are in the pot. Combine all ingredients well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, folding every 15 minutes. Takes approximately 45 minutes to reach desired tenderness.