So, let’s be honest … shall we?
You’ve planned well. You’ve prepared for every possible scenario. You have stood in front of the mirror, your speech is memorized, your outfit is fresh & clean … and then, BOOM! You completely bomb. Yep … if it’s the bomb part … I nailed it today.
What you’ll need:
- One amazing recipe for sweet potato, black bean chili
- All ingredients to execute said recipe without a hitch
- A trying day (like this one)
- Distractions (mine was a dog and my thoughts)
- Equal parts honesty and humility
- Minimum of 2 strong cocktails
- A healthy dose of laughter
What you’ll do:
- Chop all ingredients and complete recipe up to the point of simmering and fail to turn heat down
- Walk away to take care of things/ dogs, pay bills, cry, watch TV, or whatever you fancy really
- Notice the scent of burning chili just in time to realize all liquid has left the pot
- Turn chili remnant off. Cry a bit. Pout. Throw chili remnant away.
- Pour the first of your cocktails
- Tell the truth about what happened to your post for today
- Pour the second of your cocktails
- Laugh at yourself
- Try again tomorrow.