There’s nothing more satisfying than the perfect steak … and nothing more disappointing than a bad one I might add. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I just don’t want to be bothered with going out to calm the craving for a beautifully cut, gloriously marbled steak. Whoa is me! Not. I took a short trip recently to a butcher shop in Joelton … what a wonderful world of meat! The butcher hand selected the most gorgeous ribeyes I have ever seen. Now what?
What you’ll need:
- Perfect steak – take your choice of cuts. I used ribeyes here, but this is totally up to you.
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp of quality balsamic or red wine vinegar (serves as a meat tenderizer & adds just a pinch of flavor).
- 1 clove of garlic minced finely (cuts the woodiness of the rosemary you’re going to add)
- 1 pinch of fresh rosemary finely chopped (works well with the garlic & vinegar)
What you’ll do:
- Salt & pepper each steak well
- Combine olive, vinegar, garlic & rosemary. Then massage mixture into the steak.
- Cover completely in plastic to eliminate all air
- Allow to come to room temperature for a few minutes. Meanwhile, heat grill pan/ grill to medium high heat.
- Right before grilling … pat steak dry
- Grill away! I like a medium rare steak. These were about 5 minutes on each side to the perfect temperature.
- Let rest for 5 minutes
- Serve with a jacket potato