What you’ll need …
- 16 oz. cooked and drained shell pasta
- 8 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 cup queso asadera
- 1 cup extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 poblano peppers, roasted, cooled & chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
What you’ll do …
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, add 8 tablespoons of butter. Allow to melt slowly, whisking consistently. Then add one at a time, the tbsp of flour … again, whisking to combine rapidly and consistently. Add the half & half in the same fashion.
- Once sauce begins to thicken. Add peppers, queso asadera and cheddar.
- Then pour cheese sauce over the the pasta in a 9×12 pan.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling.