What you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. quality bacon
- 2 garlic minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion diced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 russet potato peeled and diced
- kernels from 6 ears of corn
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish (optional)
- truffle infused olive oil for garnish (optional)
What you’ll do:
- Dice bacon and cook thoroughly on medium high in a stock pot. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter.
- Add onion, garlic and thyme and cook until herbs are fragrant and onion is slightly translucent. Approximately 8 minutes.
- Dust mixture with flour and gently fold to incorporate.
- Add stock and bring to rapid boil.
- Add cream and potatoes. Allow to continue cooking for about 8 minutes.
- Add corn kernels and allow to cook for another 12 minutes (potatoes should be cooked through).
- Portion into bowls and top with reserved bacon, parsley and a drizzle of truffle oil.